Double-Loop Bale Ties Quick-Link: the super-strong steel wire
Man's experience, combined with the automation of production, allows Bottaro to create products that are always unique and high performing. This is the case of Double-Loop Bale Ties Quick-Link BWR™, the ideal steel wire for packaging materials with high expansion. And the recycling chain, thanks you!
In this article we would be discussing:
- The ideal wire for break-proof packaging
- Phosphated or galvanised – the right wire for the right material
- How Double-Loop Bale Ties Quick-Link BWR™ bars work
- Production with experience, precision and quality
The ideal wire for break-proof packaging
The packaging of foam materials such as foam, tyres and textile waste or scrap requires an extremely strong wire. If vertical presses compress the material to be packaged, it will naturally expand and return to its original volume.
This means that you need a wire that does not break under the pressure of the expansion.
The possibility of wire breakage depends on two product defects: poor quality and incorrect diameter. These risks are not taken into account by Bottaro’s Quick Link BWR™ bars, which are appreciated on the market for their strength and reliability.
And it is the product specifications that make the difference:
- Bar length: from 2,500 mm to 4,800 mm
- Bar weight: 10 kg or 25 kg
- Wire diameter: from 2.35 mm to 3.65 mm
In addition, the shape and size of the bars are so particular that they unavoidably affect transport. Since the wire cannot be rolled up, so as not to impair its use, it is packed in 500 kg long bundles, which are delivered with stretch film covering both ends.
Phosphated or galvanised – the right wire for every package
Quick Link BWR™ bars are available with two different types of coating to suit different customer requirements.
- PHOS HT Phosphated steel wire: this is a black wire that does not undergo any heat treatment during drawing. The reduction in diameter is therefore achieved through the use of phosphates. This wire is used for packaging tyres and foam rubber, less so for textiles.
- GALVA HT galvanised steel wire: this has the same characteristics as phosphated wire but is additionally coated with zinc. It is ideal for packaging textiles that are not to be ruined but reused circularly. The advantage of galvanised wire is that it does not oxidise and, consequently, does not release rust which would soil textiles.
How Quick Link BWR™ bars work
What makes Quick Link BWR™ bars ideal for this type of packaging is the special shape of the hook at the end of the bar, which enables perfect clipping.
This benefits the various stages of the packaging process:
- Folding the wire: this allows the two ends of the wire to be quickly clipped together and creates a loop restriction.
- The tying: inspired by the “sailor’s tying” used for knots in boats. An absolute guarantee!
- The closing of the packaging: as mentioned above, when the press releases the material to be packaged, it tends to return to its normal volume. As a result, the wire is under tension and the steel loop closes automatically, tightening perfectly around the goods.
Production with experience, precision and quality
Quick Link bars are produced using the BWR™ (Bottaro Wire Recycling) methodology, a leading brand of wire for the recycling market, which guarantees the highest performing technology on the packaging market.
Their production is very complex because it requires highly specialised workers to set up the system.
Once the correct setting of the system has been completed in order to perfectly bend the hook (an operation that can take up to 50 minutes), the rest of the work can, however, proceed more quickly and automatically, without any further risk of human error.
In all its creations Bottaro ensures, in any case, total control over the entire production chain: from the choice of top quality European wire rods to the manufacture of ecological and ISO:9001 certified products.
For more information about the Bottaro production chain, read also
“The costs and benefits of a sustainable production chain: the Bottaro outlook”.
© Copyright Bottaro Mario S.r.l. - All rights reserved